Sectional Tournament: Clyde High School
February 25th, @10:00
District Tournament: Mansfield Senior High School
March 3rd, @ 4:00 p.m. and March 4th, @ 10:00 a.m.
Central Catholic has one of Ohio’s most respected wrestling programs. The Irish regularly compete against some the best programs across Ohio and Michigan and prides itself on All-academic achievement, the character of the squad, and being best dressed while traveling to tournaments. The program has crowned three individual state champions in the last two years and 15 all-state athletes in the last five years. Last season two of the nine Central Catholic state qualifiers were wrestlers with less than three years of experience. For the second straight year, the Central Catholic program reached the team state semifinal and finished as one of the top four OHSAA Division II dual meet teams.
A Dedicated Leader
Adam Morris, Central Catholic’s recently named head wrestling coach, was an NCAA Division II All-American and Academic All-American wrestler for the University of Findlay. Coach Morris earned his Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Findlay and his Master’s Degree from the University of Toledo in Special Education. He has taught students with learning disabilities and severe behavioral needs for the past nine years for Oregon City Schools.
The Central Catholic Wrestling Program, which began in 1956-1057, has won six individual state championships and has had 42 all-state wrestlers in its 58 years. This includes five state champions and 15 all-state wrestlers in the last four years. Adam Morris enters his first season as head coach for the Irish. He has been coaching in the Toledo area for nine years, where he has helped several wrestlers became state placers, state champions and earn college scholarships. He has made his home at Central Catholic High School, where he has been an assistant for the past four seasons. Coach Morris is excited to continue the Irish wrestling traditions of teaching young athletes how to be successful in life and in wrestling.
– OHSAA Individual State Tournament Runner-Ups
– OHSAA Team Dual State Tournament Runner-Ups
– Two Individual State Champions: Josh Venia and Nate Hagan (2x Champion)
– Five State Placers: Josh Venia (1st), Nate Hagan (1st), Josh Mossing (3rd), Richard Jackson (3rd) and Colin Kaucher (5th)
– Eight Individual State Qualifiers
– Sectional and District Champions
– Catholic Invitational Tournament Champions
– Five Individual CIT Champions: Rosendo Beltran, Nate Hagan Josh Mossing, Colin Kaucher and Michael Gregory
– Sixth straight Toledo Catholic Cup title captured by defeating St. Francis 61-18 and St. John’s 40-26
– Seven Individual TRAC Champions: Rosendo Beltran (Co-OW Award), Nate Hagan (Co-OW Award), Josh Mossing, Richard Jackson, Colin Kaucher, Michael Gregory and JQuan Fisher
– Seven All-TRAC Academic Recipients: Aaron Grau, Rosendo Beltran, Josh Mossing, Isaiah Jackson, Colin Kaucher, Bryce Quinlan and Michael Gregory
– Three Sport All-Ohio Athlete Colin Kaucher (Wrestling, Football and Baseball)
Recent Program Successes
– 21 All-Academic wrestlers in last five years
– 20 All-Ohio wrestlers in last six years
– Four top five state finishes in last six years
– Five Individual State Championships in last four years
– Eight graduates wrestling in college in last six years
NEW wrestlers gain experience and excel!
Be a Part of Something Great!
Contact Adam Morris
Head Wrestling Coach