Since 2009, the Central Catholic lacrosse team has endeavored to challenge our student athletes both on and off the field. Lacrosse is a varsity sport that practices 5-6 days per week from late February until the end of May, and includes both varsity and junior varsity teams. The season is concluded with an all-inclusive state tournament. Irish lacrosse is governed by the Ohio High School Lacrosse Association (OHSL). We strive for growth through teamwork, sacrifice, individual achievement, and balance with life’s man demands. Come experience the thrill of Irish lacrosse!
The Central Catholic Lacrosse Team is fortunate to call the Gallagher Athletic Complex home. The Gallagher features the area’s only field with safety netting.
Other Team Information
• Practice 5 days per week during the season
• Pay to play; can raise money through the mulch fundraiser
• Recognition banquet held at the end of the season
• OHSLA, Division 2 Northwest
• Started in 2008
• 2 teams: JV & Varsity
• Spring season: March through end of May
• Take 3-4 bus trips around Ohio, and also play local teams
• Approximately 50 students total are on the team(s)
Other Lacrosse Facts
• Oldest sport in America
• Fastest game on two feet
Ready to Join?
Contact Cory Jarosi
JV Coach & Lacrosse Manager